Has your favorite pair of sandals seen better days? If so, we have some tips to get them looking like new again.
To clean rubbery flip-flops and slides:
- Mix mild dish soap or shampoo with water.
- Dip the sandals in this mixture and scrub them with a soft-bristled brush to remove grime.
- Let them air-dry somewhere sunny.
- To get rid of any bacteria, put them in a bag and store them in the freezer overnight.
To clean like-leather sandals:
- Take mild dish soap, water and a soft cloth.
- Wipe away any dirt or stains.
To clean espadrilles:
- Get a bottle of hairspray.
- Spray a thin coat on the rope to keep from fraying.
- Let them dry.
To clean Birkenstock sandals:
- Remove dirt from the footbed with a damp cloth (repeat this every few weeks).
- To get rid of stains, make a paste with baking soda and water.
- Rub in the paste with an old toothbrush.
- Rinse the shoes and let them dry in a cool, dark place.
We hope these tips help your favorite sandals last for years to come! To watch a step-by-step cleaning tutorial, watch the video below. And remember to check out our huge selection of sandals on Famous.com!