What’s our favorite thing about spring? New sandals, of course! With warmer weather just around the corner (if it’s not already arrived in your area), we’re previewing the spring sandal essentials to warm up your wardrobe!
1) Spring Sandal Essential: Wedges
• Why They’re Hot: Wedges bring the height without the hurt! Give any look a lift with a variety of styles to choose from, including cork, rope or woven materials.
• Style Cues: This style is so versatile; you can wear wedges with just about any look. Dress it up with skirts and dresses or go more casual with skinny jeans and crops.
• Great For: Dressier occasions that may require more time on your feet. They’re great for outdoor events as an alternative to heels, which may sink into softer ground.
Featured: b.o.c by Born Hotsky wedge sandal in black
2) Spring Sandal Essential: Dress
• Why They’re Hot: Spring’s full of dressy occasions, so make room in your closet for a great pair of dress sandals. Heels highlight your legs like no other style and after a long winter, it’s time to show off those gams!
• Style Cues: Dress sandals look best with dresses and skirts. Nude dress sandals are a huge trend and serve as fitting neutral ground for the many bright-colored clothing trends for spring.
• Great For: Any dressy occasion–weddings, graduations, showers and other family events–or a classy wear-to-work look.
Featured: Franco Sarto Amanda in cream
3) Spring Sandal Essential: Flats
• Why They’re Hot: The comfort of a flat combined with trendy accents makes this style a “win-win” for spring and into summer. Flat sandals are available in a wide range of stylish looks this season including beaded, metallic and chain embellishments.
• Style Cues: These styles are the perfect complement to any casual look without sacrificing fashion. Cropped jeans, maxi dresses and even shorts look great with flat sandals.
• Great For: Backyard barbecues, theme parks, fairs, shopping–any occasion when you may find yourself doing more walking but don’t want to wear athletic shoes.
Featured: Zigi Soho Florence flat sandal in mint