Get Fashion & Function With Minx Nail Colors

minx manicure

Moms today strive for fashion and function. We want to look good without spending a lot of time and effort maintaining that look. Thanks to Minx nail colors, we can achieve that — on our fingers and toes at least.

I discovered Minx about this time last year. My nail tech told me that it’s actually a thin polymer that molds to your nails. It’s kind of like what they use to pinstripe cars. There’s no dry time, and you can choose from more than 170 fun, funky designs, colors and patterns. You can even get fancy and customize the design yourself.

minx manicureI chose houndstooth for my first Minx pedi, because I was obsessed with that pattern at the time. People would stop me all the time to ask how the heck I got my toes to look like that. Some thought it was airbrushed, others thought it was a stencil. But, no. I got Minxed!

I’ve since gotten a Minx mani and pedi several times, because they last about twice as long but are practically the same price as a regular mani/pedi ($65/pedi, $45/mani). The pedicures last six to eight weeks, and the manicures will last about two weeks.

If you have a beach vacation in your future, I definitely recommend getting Minxed. The sand didn’t dull or chip my minx pedicure one bit when I went to the beach last year, which is really impressive! The shellac pedicure I had the year prior stood up to the sand for about four days, but then it started to chip. The Minx lasted for my entire week-long beach vacation and several weeks beyond.

If you’d like to check it out for yourself, which I highly recommend, there’s a “Find A Stylist” page on the Minx website that helps you find the nearest Minx-certified tech near you.

About the author:

. Follow him on Twitter / Facebook.

Comments

1. Katrina says:

Minx is expensive. The blogger mentions custom wraps, which start at $50/nail. so $500 for both hands. That is ludicrous for most people. Minx can also only be put on by a trained nail tech, who is required to purchase the training from Minx. If you really want to check out an easy, fast, fun way to have great nails and toes, check out Jamberry Nail Wraps, which you can do yourself at home. They’ve been featured on The Today Show and in numerous fashion blogs and magazines. They are a similar thin film that bonds to nails using heat and pressure. They are available in 350+ designs and are much more affordable and easy. They can also be customized in the Nail Art Studio.

2. Gigi says:

Minx mani/pedi sounds real interesting, would like to know more about it as of what it is made of and if there is any downside to it after awhile?

3. denise says:

minx is $50 for both hands and $75 for both feet. katrina said $50 each nail is incorrect. just wanted to clarify that. :) you can get them done at D Spot Salon in LOs angeles california! http://www.dspotsalon.com . enjoy!

4. Peggy says:

I know of a company that sells the Polymer Topcoat, and even w/o it my pedis last ages (4wks to I hv no idea) as I have never paid attn to the weeks, only that it looks great and only reason I change it is because I want a new color, not because of chips! And company has great colors not on market yet, and I would know as I have been looking for the best polish for 30 years! bAnd I finally found one and I share w/ my daughter (when she’s not swiping colors only I have :) !!!)so another reason to find great quality…. If interested go to this site http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/5006/ ,do the quiz and get your box free w/ promo code :FREEBOX
    I hope you find it as great as my daughter and I do…

5. Mary says:

Jamberry Nails is the BETTER option for sure! Minx are not resonably priced. Jamberry also does customized designs -affordable and they look amazing!

6. james says:

If people are spending $50 for hands,$75 for the feet.I need to stop driving 18 wheelers and start doing mani’s and pedi’s.Women are kinda nut’s.Pay me $50 for everything and It’s a done deal.SMH

7. Jahna says:

Just so everyone knows Minx nails is now available off their website for everyone! It is under a new tab called the tasting room and they are around $20 for a full set! http://www.minxtastingroom.com/ There are some cool designs and there is even a line that supports a children’s orphanage.